Volunteers are the heart of Empower Simcoe and play a vital role ensuring we support people of all ages and abilities to realize their full potential and to enhance their quality of life. Volunteers are a valued part of our team and play a significant role in all areas of our agency, developing lasting relationships with people and helping to improve their overall sense of well-being. Our volunteers help empower people to lead a meaningful and inclusive life.
With many different skills and experiences, volunteers can give of their time to Empower Simcoe in a variety of ways:
- Sharing time, interests and hobbies with people supported by Empower Simcoe
- Committees/Board of Directors
- Offering transportation
- Assisting in fundraising at our Celebrating Community Champions Fashion Show, annual Golf Tournament and through our Empower Simcoe Foundation Bingos
- Becoming a peer through our Youth Programs
- Helping young children and families at EarlyON Child and Family Centres
How Do I Become a Volunteer?
All of our volunteers are required to submit an application form and references, and provide a current Criminal Reference Check. Once you have been approved, we’ll give you an opportunity to meet the person (or people) you’ll be spending time with. Our staff will provide you with a complete orientation and be there to support you as you become a part of our team.
We’re always looking for hard-working, compassionate individuals. Please consider sharing your skills and energy with us today. Complete the Volunteer Application and mail to: Empower Simcoe, 39 Fraser Court, Barrie, ON L4N 5J5, or contact the Marketing and Communications Manager at (705) 726-9082 ext. 5280.