12 Sep 2021-2022 Empower Simcoe Gift of the Heart Award recipients
Please join us in congratulating the 2021-2022 Empower Simcoe Gift of the Heart Award recipients.
“The Gift of the Heart Awards recognize extraordinary individuals and organizations who have impacted the lives of the people and families supported by Empower Simcoe and our employees through their exceptional commitment and service.” says Empower Simcoe CEO, Dr. Claudine Cousins. “We’re so very grateful for their contributions that have been essential in advancing our mission of empowering people to lead a meaningful and inclusive life.”
The 2021-2022 Empower Simcoe Gift of the Heart Recipients are:
- George Moore (Volunteer) – for his exceptional volunteer commitment and service to the people supported at Empower Simcoe’s O’Brien House.
- Karen Guy (Family) – for fostering collaboration, advocacy and inclusion on behalf of families supported by Empower Simcoe.
- Morgan Cope (Self-Advocate) – for her leadership, and dedication to inclusion and championing the rights of people of all abilities.
- Courtney Drury (Employee) – for going above and beyond in her work as a Senior Support Worker in impacting the lives of the people and families supported by Empower Simcoe.
- Maxine Johnson (Employee) – for a career spanning four decades dedicated to empowering people to lead a meaningful and inclusive life.
- Fern Resort (Community Partner of the Year) – for its support of the Empower Simcoe Respitality Program, ensuring the rejuvenation of Caregivers who are supporting a loved one with an intellectual disability.