The Family Relief program assists families to care for a family member diagnosed with an intellectual disability by connecting families to various respite options in Simcoe County and by providing children and adult respite funding. The 3 main components of the Family Relief program are; Family Relief funding, supportyourway.ca, and Residential Respite. The Family Relief program strives to create greater opportunities for all family members to live actively and participate in community activities and allowing parents/guardians time for themselves.
Criteria for eligibility:
- Children (under 18 yrs old) diagnosed with an Intellectual Disability and Adults who are deemed eligible and referred through Developmental Services Ontario and are living at home with their parent/guardian.
- Geographic Area: The area bounded by Elmvale with Horseshoe Valley Road to the north, 9th line of Oro to the east, Simcoe County boundary to the south, Highway 27 up to Thornton and Base Borden from Highway 27 to 90 on the west.
How to access service:
- For access to children’s family relief, contact the Respite Coordinator at 705-726-9082 ext. 2259
- Adults funding must be applied for through Developmental Services Ontario Tel: 1-855-277-2121 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.dsontario.ca/
- For respite information, options or to be connected with a screened respite provider (Community Helper for Active Participation) go to http://supportyourway.ca/simcoe
- For Residential Respite contact the Respite Coordinator at 705-726-9082 ext. 2259
Funder Relevant Acts:
- Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act.
- Child and Family Service Act