Residential Respite is available through the agency’s Accommodation Services. The program is designed to provide parents/guardians with overnight respite for short periods of time. The program operates out of fully accessible houses. Individuals are supported to make choices, develop skills, and increase independence. These services will be provided for a specified and agreed upon time period. Residential Respite is a fee for service and fees are due after respite time is booked and before the person is supported in the respite program.
Criteria for eligibility:
- Children (under 18 yrs old) who have been diagnosed with an intellectual disability and may require physical and/or medical support who live at home with their parent/guardian in Simcoe County.
- Adults who have been diagnosed with an intellectual disability and are living at home with their parent/guardian and live in the following geographic area: The area bounded by Elmvale with Horseshoe Valley Road to the north, 9th line of Oro to the east, Simcoe County boundary to the south, Highway 27 up to Thornton and Base Borden from Highway 27 to 90 on the west.
- Additional assessment will be made to ensure this respite option is suitable for the individual.
How to access service:
- Contact the Respite Coordinator at 705-726-9082 ext. 2259
Funder Relevant Acts:
- The program is funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.
- Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act and the Child and Family Services Act.