Family Relief funding can be used to pay for approved respite options such as; services of screened respite providers, residential respite, registered camps, community recreational programs, memberships and lessons. Family Relief Funding only reimburses services for the person being supported and cannot reimburse services for the whole family. The funding is for activities outside of school and work hours, and cannot be used as daycare expenses while families are at work. Family Relief funding is allocated to provide respite to parents/guardians and create greater opportunities for those supported to live actively and participate in community activities.
Criteria for eligibility:
- Children (under 18 years old) diagnosed with an Intellectual Disability and Adults who are deemed eligible and referred through Developmental Services Ontario and are living at home with their parent/guardian.
- Geographic Area: The area bounded by Elmvale with Horseshoe Valley Road to the north, 9th line of Oro to the east, Simcoe County boundary to the south, Highway 27 up to Thornton and Base Borden from Highway 27 to 90 on the west.
How to access service:
- For access to children’s family relief, contact the Respite Coordinator at 705-726-9082 ext. 2259
- Adults funding must be applied for through Developmental Services Ontario Tel: 1-855-277-2121 Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.dsontario.ca/
Funder Relevant Acts:
- The program is funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.
- Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act and the Child and Family Services Act.