This page is intended to share continued communication regarding Empower Simcoe’s closures as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic. If you need further information, please Contact Us and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
- Our main offices at 39 Fraser Court, Barrie and 35 West Street, Orillia are open to visitors by appointment only. Visitors will be required to complete a self-assessment at the front door, and wear face-covering while indoors, subject to certain exemptions. Before coming onsite, please connect with your Empower Simcoe contact for further details.
EarlyON Child & Family Centres
- Empower Simcoe EarlyON Child and Family Centers have suspended all in person visits until further notice. Virtual services continue to be offered. Please look for our many family resources here on our Empower Simcoe website.
Group Living Homes
- As a result of the Provincial lockdown, Empower Simcoe was informed by MCCSS on December 22nd, that we are required to follow the new MCCSS document: Province wide shutdown – Interim Direction, effective December 26th, 2020. All previous direction/communications from MCCSS has been suspended. MCCSS-funded service providers with congregate care settings in all regions must adhere to the Interim Direction outlined by MCCSS and remain in place until January 23rd, 2021. The document outlines visiting guidelines effective December 26th, 2020 – January 23rd, 2021. Contact the Supervisor of the location for additional information. Please continue to watch the Empower Simcoe website for updates.
Go To: Accommodations
Supports and Services
- Empower Simcoe employees from the following services are working remotely and are in contact with the families they support. Please continue to watch our website for any updates regarding available virtual supports and services.
*** Child and Infant Development
*** Family Support
*** Family Relief
*** Family Home
*** Coordinated Service Planners
- Empower Simcoe continues to consider how programs for Youth will be implemented in the future. Please continue to watch our website for updates.
We continue to monitor updates from all levels of government and public health to guide our decision making. Empower Simcoe is committed to ongoing communication with you as we navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic together. We thank-you for your understanding during this unprecedented time and we will continue to provide updates as we move forward.